TOPIC presents at the online FPGA-conference Europe on July 8
donderdag 24 juni 2021
On July 8 2021 Dirk van den Heuvel, Principal Consultant at TOPIC, will present at the online FPGA conference Europe. In his presentation he will showcase a fully-integrated Xilinx MPSoC based drone/robotics platform.
To operate UAVs (drones) and professional robots, you need a rich mixture of sensors, actuators and processing capabilities for optimal performance: motor drivers, positional and movements data, wireless communication links, data collection/manipulation/compression/storage, autonomous operation, etc. Developing such a control platform is a labor and cost intense activity and requires a heterogenous processing architecture. Therefore TOPIC and Xilinx agreed to develop such a generic, free programmable platform to drive these types of platforms. In this presentation we will zoom in on software, firmware and hardware aspect related to developments with such a platform. E.g. integration of ROS2 and PX4 autopilot and their relevance are part of the presentation. This presentation will be illustrated by a life demonstration using a drone.
- Date: July 8, 2021 from 02.:45pm – 03:25pm (track 1)
- Title: A fully-integrated Xilinx MPSoC based drone/robotics platform
- To join the presentation click here for more information: https://www.fpga-conference.eu/
- For more information about the FPGA conference program click here: https://www.fpga-conference.eu/8-july
- For additional information feel free to contact email@example.com